Kathleen graduated from St. Louis University with degrees in Accounting and Theatre. She received her law degree and LL.M. in Taxation from the Washington University School of Law in St. Louis. She is the recipient of the Gary I. Boren Memorial Award for attaining the highest overall grade point average in the LL.M. program.
Kathleen specializes in estate, business and executive benefits planning and estate and executive compensation planning with life insurance. Formerly, she was a member of the Advanced Markets Group of MetLife, where she provided training and advanced underwriting support for the top producers of MetLife and its subsidiaries. Prior to joining GenAmerica Financial (a MetLife company) in 1996, she was in private practice.
She is a member of the Missouri, Illinois and Pennsylvania bars as well as an active member of the American Bar Association and the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis. She is a nationally recognized speaker and author and adjunct professor in the LL.M. program at Washington University’s School of Law. She is a founding member of Affinity Law Group, LLC, a firm dedicated to providing legal services to businesses, their owners, and executives at every stage of their life cycles. She is a member of the Business Insurance & Estate Planning Committee of the Association of Advanced Life Underwriting (AALU), and was selected as a Registered Player Financial Advisor for the National Football League Players Association. She was formerly on the Board of Directors of the St. Louis Chapter of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA). She currently serves on the Board of Directors of the St. Louis Children’s Hospital Foundation and is Chair of the Legacy Advisors Board there, and serves as the President of the Society of Financial Service Professionals – Greater St. Louis Chapter. She was named one of Missouri Lawyers Weekly’s Up and Coming Lawyers and received the Accredited Estate Planner designation from the National Association of Estate Planners & Councils. She has presented at AALU and the Top of the Table Meeting for the Million Dollar Roundtable. Kathleen was selected for inclusion in Missouri and Kansas SuperLawyers in 2012, 2013, and 2014.
- Business Law
- Business Succession Planning
- Employee and Executive Benefits
- Estate Law
- Estate Planning
- Estate and Trust Administration
- Asset Protection and Wealth Preservation
- Guardianships and Conservatorships
- Trust Funding
- Irrevocable Life Insurance Trusts
- Prenuptial Agreements
- “Pay-on-Death Can Beat Probate—But Be Careful”
- “5 Ways to Make a Bulletproof Will”
- Asset Protection Strategies: Best Practices and Traps for the Unwary
- Who’s Who in Law 2015: St. Louis Business Journal
- Forging a personal relationship makes a difference
- Kathleen W. Bilderback, JD, LLM, Affinity Law Group Selected as One of 2012, 2013, and 2014 Super Lawyers
- How To: Choose A Wealth Planner
- Firms Reconsider Options for How to Pay Top Execs
- The St. Louis Business Journal asked: What’s the biggest estate planning mistake you’ve seen?
- A-B Windfall Call to Action to Update Tax, Estate Plans
- Fuzzy on Philanthropy?
- Enterprise University: Succession Planning Strategies
- NAIFA Continuing Education Day: Tricks and Traps in Succession Planning for the Family-Owned Business
- Estate Planning in the Post-ATRA World
- Entries, Exits and Incennovation™ : Tax Efficient Changes to Ownership Structure